Savings – We, all of us do lots of saving in our lives. More so, we do all possible saving of money in our purchases (direct savings), using energy efficient appliances for saving of power consumption, use of fuel efficient cars for saving of fuel cost etc. However, we do less care while driving a vehicle or being a pedestrian while moving on side of a road / crossing a road.
There are lots of aspects which need to be taken care while out of our homes, to keep safe human lives (ours as well as others around us), to maximum extent possible all the times. Some of those must invariably be followed for avoiding happening of any untoward incident leading to harm to our lives, which are as mentioned below:
- We must be vigilant while on move. We must not fall prey to distracted driving, be it mobile phone, enjoying music, talking to family member / co-passenger / passerby and must make best judgment of safe distances.
- We must follow all road traffic signals, traffic signs (especially having red color markings in them) and markings for pedestrian crossings.
- We must not move in haste and drive over prescribed speed limit. In line with same, we must start early, in order to avoid over speeding while driving our vehicle. Drivers of public vehicles must follow patient driving because safety of lives of many people depends on their driving.
- We must follow all safety measures/rules, mandated to abide by in our Motor Vehicle Act. Few of them being wearing of helmet while driving two wheelers and use of seat belts while driving four wheelers.
- We must not consume alcohol before / while driving any vehicle and even using road as pedestrians.
By following the above mentioned aspects, we will be able to become safe citizen and will be able to lead by example to our family members as well as for our fellow citizens.
Above all, Safety saves.