The above photo is taken on one of key roads in Mohali, during last week.
In present post, which is different from my previous weekend post is having recent news on road accidents, for which majority of people show indifferent attitude.
I would like to highlight here that all the three incidences of road accidents were happened on same day, news of which was published on 21st October’2021.
In 1st news, an accident happened whereby two labourers on a 2-wheeler was hit by a bus. One of two motorcyclist, 25-year-old lost his life, while his friend was injured in the accident. The bus driver who stopped after the incident, was arrested thereafter and he was booked for rash driving, causing hurt by act endangering life and causing death due to negligence.
In 2nd news, a 65 years old woman pedestrian was hit by a car when she was out for a walk and got injured after which she was taken to Government hospital. She died during treatment in the hospital. The car driver (61 YO) was arrested. He was booked for rash driving, causing death due to negligence.
In 3rd news, a youth lost his life after his motorcycle was hit by a speeding truck which rammed his bike, on a national highway. The youth died on the spot. The truck driver fled the spot after the incident, leaving his vehicle behind. He was booked for rash driving and causing death due to negligence.
1. If driving a 2 wheeled vehicle, YOU must practice defensive driving for all 4 wheeled vehicles plying around you and safe driving for all non-motorized vehicles and pedestrians moving enroute, as of yours.
2. If you are a pedestrian, YOU must take care of yourself and move with patience while on road or on footpath, shunning the mindset that the persons driving vehicles around you will take care of you, all the times.
3. All persons driving 4 wheeled vehicles including heavy vehicles must take care of fellow movers riding 2 or 3 wheeled vehicles, non-motorised vehicles and pedestrians.
Hope YOU understand all the above takes and will start acting wisely from now onwards and practice safe/defensive moving habits.
Do you you??
Whose subject is this???
I consider, it is mine. I am concerned. YOU and everyone in your family and all your dear ones must give utmost importance to safety on road.
Above photos were taken couple of days ago, in a residential sector in Mohali. Here you can see persons driving the cars have parked their vehicle wrongly, partly on the road in front of a temple.
YOU need to know above catch has important learning viz. YOU must not park your vehicle near road intersections, also not to park your vehicle partly on road. You must park your vehicle at a safe place, may be at some distance away.
If above correction is not made, there might be incident of Hit & run or Road rash. A small mistake may lead to harsh consequences.
Firstly, I would like to thank YOU for associating with me for understanding safety on road and hopefully YOU will help me in moving forward towards zero accident.
Unfortunately, with only 1 per cent of the world’s vehicles, India accounts for 11 per cent of the global death in road accidents, the highest in the world, according to a report by the World Bank.
Though I have been posting certain incidents that had happened years back, but those still give us wakeup call to Adopt, Follow and be Habitual of safe/defensive driving, for all road users and enforcing all road safety measures without any loose end by the Government Authorities so that safety of all citizens can be ensured without any compromise.
In present post you will see how carelessness had taken big toll claiming lives of 5 persons including 3 girl students of a college of Chandigarh (India) on March 14 2015.
Here the apparent reasons one or more of which may have lead to devastation to families of deceased are:
- Not taking up the safety measure required to be taken by the construction agency during construction period of work.
- Not taking care by the truck driver who had left his vehicle in such state that may invite incident of road accident
- Not checking by Government Authorities whether the safety measures were being followed by the construction firm on the under-construction flyover site on the highway.
- Distracted driving by person, driving the SUV
1. Persons driving any vehicle during late night and early morning hours must have to be more vigilant while driving and have to drive at speed lower than their normal speed.
2. Occupants of four wheeled and any other heavy vehicles must take care that the person driving their vehicle does not get distracted while driving, at any moment.
3. Government Authorities has to be strict for enforcement of safety measure to be taken up by the construction companies for all the road construction / upgradation projects.
4. Construction agencies must strictly follow all safety measures for every road construction/upgradation project during course of the project, irrespective of anything else.
On seeing in detail the above photos, you will find here wrong state of affair in respect of followings:
Important Take: The above scenario and habits may lead to accidents and can be fatal for pedestrians and cyclists who run on leftmost lane of roads in India and such other countries. Government Authorities need to adopt educative and all preventive measures so that such things donot happen, without fail.
Here, in this post, you will get to know the consequence of negligence on part of other which had led to the tragic death of senior international official during the year 2017.
The Myanmar Counsel General in Kolkata died in the morning hours in a district in Jharkhand (India). He died on the spot while the other three occupants including his wife, his driver and his personal adviser were got injured in the incident. The driver of the official was forced to swerve to an adjoining lane when a 2 wheeler came in front of the car, all of a sudden. The car was then hit by a truck, from behind. The state chief minister expressed grief over his death.
The apparent factors that had led to unfortunate demise of the official are:
- Unsafe driving by the 2 wheeler rider
- The time of occurance of the accident, around 9:45 AM which happens to be hurry hour for reaching timely the offices / business centres
- The lack of alertness of the car diver
- You may know and feel importance of safe driving, but you must impress upon the same to your driver, when your vehicle is driven by your driver. Same must be in regular practice.
- During office opening hours, YOU/your driver must keep restraint in the speed of your vehicle.
- Person driving Two-wheeler must drive defensively so that he/she would not become reason for any fatal accident, due to him/her.
- For reaching offices / business centres timely, one must start about 10-15 minutes early so that the morning drive will not become a hurry drive.
Drive safely / defensively, more so in critical conditions, e.g. morning hurry hours of week days, rainy / foggy days, whenever YOU feel fatigue / sick, if need to drive during late night / early morning.
Here you can see that the person driving the car has to turn right, but he is not bothered that he must have taken the extreme right lane before nearing the traffic lights.
Above act may seem to be small, but such road manner may result in Road accident or Road rage incident. If something goes wrong, it could be fatal, to any extent.
YOU must not move outside in such a way which may result in any untoward incident. Be a safe rider, always. It is better to be disciplined mover, rather to repent later.
Above are photos taken in succession today at around 10:30 am at Airport road in Mohali.
Firstly, the car driver went over the zebra crossing. The next moment, the car driver went past the zebra crossing on seeing the two-wheeled rider who stopped after crossing the zebra x-ing.
YOU must not be amongst the above two types of drivers. If you are hesitant to say yes, I earnestly request you to practice safe driving. Rather, it should be safe driving for all vehicles smaller than your’s and defensive driving for all vehicles bigger than your’s. A small negligence may prove to be fatal.
I’m sure, you will take the above positively and make safe/defensive driving your habit. In addition, you must pass on the above concern to your family & all friends.
Undoubtedly, Authorities must do their part by taking stringent and constant measures to ensure non-happening of such incidents.
Above pictures show the “chalta hai” attitude of an commercial firm and transport agency as well as the driver of the vehicle. Above photo has been captured today in an industrial area of Mohali (Punjab). The transport vehicle is carrying long iron strips, overhanging from it.
You must have heard number of incidents wherein car / two wheeler get collided with such commercial vehicles carrying either over sized or over weighing material. The consequences of the incidents, happened particularly in night hours had been fatal and resulted in deaths of numerous innocent people.
- Owners of commercial firms as well as transport owners must not do things for cost cutting which may do harm to others. They must act with due responsibility towards safety of other road users.
- Authorities must be very strict so that mishaps due to movement of such vehicles can be avoided.