In continuation to previous posts here is another post regarding Consequence of Negligence on Road. Present one is the 4th of the series:
8 of two families died in a Car-Truck Collision …in year 2014 (Source: Amar Ujala)
- 8 persons from two families belonging to village Jodhsingh wala of Tarantaran, Punjab (India) were died in a road accident near village Ramgarh on Barnala Moga road on a day during 2014.
- The car in which the eight persons including 3 children & 2 women, were travelling was hit by a truck coming from opposite side, around 5 AM.
- Both families had gone to attend retirement function of their relative and the incident happened while coming back after attending the function.
- The collision was so fatal that approx. half of the car went below the truck and damaged itself completely. All the car occupants were trapped in the car and had died inside the car. After listening impactful collision and cries of car occupants, local villagers came for them and brought their dead bodies out of the ill fated car.
- Truck driver fled the accident site, immediately after the incident.
- District police head told that case has been registered against the truck driver and they have impounded the truck.
Here in this case which happened in 2014, you can see that all members of 2 families lost their lives, accidently.
The main reasons that resulted said incident which had swallowed 2 families were Travel during early morning and Lack of alertness while driving at odd hours .
I would like to mention a few of Safe Driving Habits:
- Avoid Travel during Late Night and Very Early Morning Hours
- If unavoidable, drive at speed less than your normal speed
- Drivers have to be more vigilant during such travel
- Driver must not be distracted while driving in such situation
- If feeling fatigue or asleep and YOU need to drive, take adequate rest before taking up the drive
- Always give priority to Safety over anything else