Firstly, I would like to thank YOU for associating with me for understanding safety on road and hopefully YOU will help me in moving forward towards zero accident.
Unfortunately, with only 1 per cent of the world’s vehicles, India accounts for 11 per cent of the global death in road accidents, the highest in the world, according to a report by the World Bank.
Though I have been posting certain incidents that had happened years back, but those still give us wakeup call to Adopt, Follow and be Habitual of safe/defensive driving, for all road users and enforcing all road safety measures without any loose end by the Government Authorities so that safety of all citizens can be ensured without any compromise.
In present post you will see how carelessness had taken big toll claiming lives of 5 persons including 3 girl students of a college of Chandigarh (India) on March 14 2015.
Here the apparent reasons one or more of which may have lead to devastation to families of deceased are:
- Not taking up the safety measure required to be taken by the construction agency during construction period of work.
- Not taking care by the truck driver who had left his vehicle in such state that may invite incident of road accident
- Not checking by Government Authorities whether the safety measures were being followed by the construction firm on the under-construction flyover site on the highway.
- Distracted driving by person, driving the SUV
1. Persons driving any vehicle during late night and early morning hours must have to be more vigilant while driving and have to drive at speed lower than their normal speed.
2. Occupants of four wheeled and any other heavy vehicles must take care that the person driving their vehicle does not get distracted while driving, at any moment.
3. Government Authorities has to be strict for enforcement of safety measure to be taken up by the construction companies for all the road construction / upgradation projects.
4. Construction agencies must strictly follow all safety measures for every road construction/upgradation project during course of the project, irrespective of anything else.