Further in this series, I would like to mention following incident happened in December’2013 which must be shared with all mothers as well children.
Here in this incident, a four year old girl was killed after hitting by a MUV near a Government Hospital in Chandigarh. The speeding SUV hit the child when the girl was crossing the road with her mother. Her mother had come to the hospital for the girl’s check-up. Her mother and she were crossing the road in front of hospital when the Car hit her. After that the Car rammed into divider and landed on other side of the road. As per eyewitnesses, while the mother escaped unhurt, the child flung into the air after being hit by the Car. Commuters waiting for a bus rushed the child to the hospital where she was declared brought dead. The police arrested the accused from the spot and registered a case at their police station in Chandigarh. The deceased was the only child of their parents who were planning to admit her to a school. “This is the end of the world for me” were the words of her mother, after the tragic incident.
The various apparent aspects which would have saved the innocent child and would not have shattered the dreams of the family are:
- The person driving the MUV would have been moving at controllable speed.
- The mother would have crossed the road carefully.
- If there would had been marked lane with traffic lights for crossing the road for people visiting the hospital.
- YOU while driving a car / 2 wheeler on any road around busy areas e.g. hospitals, schools, colleges, must move slow enough so that no one would get hit by your vehicle.
- If YOU are crossing a road, YOU must not use a mobile phone for making/receiving calls during the road crossing.
- While crossing any busy road, YOU must cross the road attentively. You must not even talk to your accompanied persons including children during the road crossing time.
- Government authorities must make marked lanes with traffic lights for crossing all the roads around the busy areas e.g. hospitals, schools, colleges, commercial complexes, market places, etc.