A doctor, who was injured in a hit & run case, succumbed to injuries after three days of mishap, in Hyderabad. The doctor worked as dental doctor in a private hospital in Hyderabad. On September 21, she booked a bike taxi. While going, an unidentified car hit the bike and both bike driver & the doctor were injured. Both were admitted to hospital. The doctor had received severe head injuries and after three days treatment, she died on Saturday.
With the help of CCTV footage, Police has identified the accused and found that he had no license and relevant papers of the car. As per reports, Doctor’s family is in deep grief as this is the second death in the family within one month. Doctor’s mother was died 25 days ago due to heart attack.
It is not about reading such news, finding fault and do nothing. From above incident, let’s take lessons from it and do our bit at our individual level to circumvent such case:
- Drivers of bike taxi must be taught that safety of self and his/her customer sitting on the bike is the top priority.
- Customers taking ride on bike taxi must wear helmet, without fail, even for any short distance ride.
- The four wheeled riders must take due care of safety of 2/3 wheelers as well as non-motorized vehicles and all pedestrians moving around.
- Government authorities must ensure that safety is not overlooked by the bike taxi operators’ company which has to shoulder their responsibility of making sure that their drivers are considering safety of self as well as their customer and others co-road users diligently.
- Government authorities must conduct surprise and frequent checking of driving license and vehicle documents including that of vehicle fitness and take stern action against all the defaulters.
Seeking your kind cooperation to make safe and responsible driving towards ZERO Accident….VM